- Company News
- Posted Monday, March 19, 2012
Introducing the New Lightweight Smart Battery™
Get lighter! Spend more time electrofishing, less time charging and a much easier time carrying your gear (compared to units having lead-acid batteries).
Our new lithium-iron phosphate Smart Battery™ is half the weight of our standard lead-acid battery and has a much higher recharge cycle capacity! This new lithium-iron battery also has a Battery Management System that monitors key operational parameters during charging and discharging (such as voltage, current, internal and ambient temperature).
Compare costs between old lead-acid and new lithium-iron batteries:
Lead-Acid: ~ 200 cycles before failure at a cost of $1.92/cycle.
Lithium-Iron: Rated at ~ 2000 cycles before failure at a cost of 0.58¢ /cycle.
- Ultra-light: It’s just one-half the weight of our standard lead-acid battery!
- Increased service life over lead-acid batteries
- Compatible with all 24V Smith-Root electrofishers and chargers
- Super-fast recharge rate
- Improved safety: No explosive gasses during charge (no lead and no acid!)
- Environmentally friendly
- Low maintenance: No periodic discharge is needed; there is no memory
To celebrate the release of our new Smart Battery™, Smith-Root is offering an introductory price of $995.00 until December 31, 2012. Or, why not trade in your current lead-acid battery for a $327.00 credit towards the purchase of a Smart Battery™? Trade-in credit is applied towards the regular Smart Battery™ price of $1,150.00. Call us today at (360) 573-0202 for trade-in details.
Learn more about the new Smart Battery™