Lake ChristinaSmith-Root constructed a concrete culvert to include a barrier for exclusion of invasive species.
- Location: Fergus Falls, Minnesota
- Commissioned: 1991
- Type: Lake
This turn-key project included the design and construction of a 10 foot x 5 foot rectangular concrete culvert. Seven steel flat bar U-shaped bolted electrodes are located three feet apart in slots in the Insulcrete™ walls and base slab.
Steel gates at each end provide security. At the downstream end, an additional fish gate automatically drops down in the event of a power loss. Electronics are housed in a nearby small building.
- Coordination with Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
- Structural design of culvert
- Electrical and electronic design of the pulsators and power supply systems
- Construction of culvert and electrodes
- Supply of electronics
- Regular maintenance
- Pulsators: 1.5kVA GFFB
- Pulsator Qty: 6
- Power Output: 9kW max.
- Water Depth: 0-4 feet
- Waterway Width: 10 feet
- Water Velocity: 0-2 ft./s
- Conductivity: 350 µs/cm max.