Heavy Duty Series Electrofishing Boat
The most widely used boat electrofisher in the world made with a custom designed and manufactured hull from Smith-Root's very own boat shop. Ideal for long field days on lakes and rivers. Plenty of storage, stability, and space to get the job done. Available in hull lengths of 14 ft, 16 ft, and 18 ft.
The Heavy Duty Series Electrofishing Boats are the world's most widely used electrofishing boat. Over 30 years of improvements based on customer feedback have created the most popular boat on the market.
Just Launch and Electrofish
Purpose built for electrofishing, all models come fully equipped and ready for fieldwork. Apex Electrofisher, generator, electrode arrays, and booms are all standard on the Heavy Duty Series.
Go Where the Fish Are
With a custom designed shallow-draft hull, the Heavy Duty Series puts you on the fish in those hard-to-reach nearshore habitats.
The Apex Electrofisher built-in to every Smith-Root electrofishing boat is the most versatile electrofisher in the world because it incorporates the widest range of electrical inputs and outputs. This provides utility across diverse environmental conditions and a broad range of fish sizes and species. Additionally, the Apex Electrofisher is the only electrofisher in the world that records electrical inputs and outputs, along with GPS location, date, and time for every second of electrofishing. Integrated USB interface allows for rapid downloading of collected data as well as loading of new software and firmware. The Apex provides unparalleled safety, standardization, cost reductions, and reporting of electrofishing efforts and research.
- Apex Electrofisher
- Powered by onboard generator
- Adjustable front mounted insulated boat booms for electrodes
- Two SAA-6 electrode arrays
- Integrated cathode array
- Integrated foot switches in bow work deck and operator's console
- Plug-in receptacle for additional foot switches
- Steering wheel
- Integrated electrofisher controls
- Patch panel for configuring electrofisher electrodes and cathode
- Center console w/shatterproof windshield
- Side-mounted outboard controls
- Fuel gauge
- 12 VDC accessory power plugs
- Hours meter
- Depth finder
- Battery selector switch
- Heavy-duty canvas console cover
- Courtesy lighting
- Livewell System
- All-aluminum construction
- High volume fresh water pump
- Secondary aeration pump
- Interior lighting
- Reinforced tank lids
- Generator for powering electrofisher
- Two marine batteries charged by generator
- Battery selector switch
- Independent outboard motor battery
- Comfort and Safety
- Flotation meets or exceeds U.S. Coast Guard requirements
- Dri-deck mat covered work deck
- Integral LED navigation lights
- Integral work deck lights
- Adjustable LED work lights
- Adjustable head lights
- Adjustable stern lights
- EPA-compliant fuel system
- Dual electric horns
- Noise deadening generator engine housing
- Fire extinguisher
- Research vessel hull badges
- Construction and Exterior
- 0.125 5052 marine grade aluminum hull
- All-welded construction
- Hard machine-rivets at critical rib support points
- Extruded chine overlays double welded bottom seams
- Pressed-in corrugations for structural strength and tracking
- All-aluminum box-beam transom
- Aluminum skinned, foam-filled interior side walls
- Baked-on powder-coat finish for durability
- Large raised bow work deck with safety railing
- Tie-downs for securing nets and poles
- Diamond-plate deck
- Adjustable operator's seat
- Courtesy lighting
- Battery storage compartment
- Lighted storage compartment under work deck
- Built-in fuel tanks
- Marine fuel filter
- Fittings for supplemental fuel tanks
- Bilge pump
Heavy Duty Series Electrofishing Boat Specifications
|Hull Style||Heavy Duty Sled||Heavy Duty Sled||Heavy Duty Sled|
|Length||14 ft. - 6 in.||16 ft. - 8 in.||18 ft.|
|Beam||80 in.||80 in.||80 in.|
|Side Height||28 in.||28 in.||28 in.|
|Transom Height||25 in.||25 in.||25 in.|
|Aluminum Gauge||0.125 in. Bottom and Sides||0.125 in. Bottom and Sides||0.125 in. Bottom and Sides|
|Weight1||1,865 lb.||2,120 lb.||2,165 lb.|
|Draft2||5 in. (401 lb./in.)||5 in. (468 lb./in.)||5 in. (506 lb./in.)|
|Max. Payload3||1,320 lb.||1,485 lb.||1,650 lb.|
|Livewell Capacity||47 gal.||63 gal.||74 gal.|
|HP Max.4||75 HP||150 HP||150 HP|
|Fuel Capacity||24 gal.||24 gal.||24 gal.|
(1) Weight with Electrofisher.
(2) Draft with Electrofisher.
(3) Maximum payload (person,motor, gear) includes 12" water in fish holding tank.
(4) Four stroke motor with remote controls.
Smith-Root recommends that motors rated higher than 30 HP have variable ratio oiler and power trim and tilt. All motors require remote control. Customer supplied motor will incur an installation charge.
Specifications subject to change without notice.