How should I pack my equipment when returning for repair?
Smith-Root Staff September 07, 2010
Following these simple guidelines should ensure the return of equipment in good condition.
- Whenever possible, use a new box. The more times a box is used, the more it loses its original protective qualities.
- If you must reuse a box, make sure it is rigid with no punctures, tears, rips, or corner damage, and that all flaps are intact.
- Choose a box strength that is suitable for the contents you are shipping.
- Wrap all items separately.
- Use adequate cushioning material. You should have at least a 2 inch cushion around each item when packing.
- Before closing the box make sure there is no room for the item(s) to shift during shipping. Fill the box with as much packing material as possible.
- Use strong tape designed for shipping.